Hi, my name is Abby Richardson and I’m a volunteer fundraiser for WWF. Here’s my story.
Volunteering is a hugely beneficial experience for anyone to take part in because it really enhances your skills. I have been part of both Brighton Marathon and Virgin London Marathon and they were both very successful. It was amazing to see so many Panda’s putting their all into doing something amazing for the charity. I’m sure they will say it is because the Panda Made Them Do It! They were both fantastic events and completely different, Brighton with its family atmosphere, and London with its crazy, buzzing atmosphere. It was truly inspiring to watch and support.
In light of this, I’ve put together a list of six reasons why I think more people should volunteer for Team Panda:
- A fun, exciting and interactive experience where you meet new people
- Gave me a sense of responsibility and an opportunity to work as a team, while representing a vital and important charity
- Boosted my self-confidence and made me feel part of a team
- Met lovely and charming people in the events team. It was clear they are all really passionate and enjoy working and raising money
- Heard inspirational stories from the runners and their experience in taking part in these events
- Boosted my CV and added that extra something to make me stand out from the crowd
I have thoroughly enjoyed volunteering and thank Team Panda for letting me get involved and to be proactive about the work I am fascinated about. I hope by reading this blog post, you feel inspired to get out there and volunteer and be a part of the fight in saving our beautiful planet.
My next step will be volunteering at the Prudential RideLondon event, and you could join me there. Email email@example.com today and join us at a cheer location in Weybridge or Wimbledon. I can’t wait to be back on the team!
What do you think of Abby’s blog? Leave us a comment